Bunny Brunel is world renowned as one of the top bass virtuosos, having played with legendary masters Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Tony Williams, Al Jarreau, Natalie Cole, Stevie Wonder, Dizzy Gillespie, Larry Coryell and Al Dimeola to name a few. Brunel's design expertise comes not only from his complete virtuosity on the fretless electric and acoustic bass, but from 35 years as a music educator and innovator in bass design.
The Specs Are:
• 3/4 Size Upright Bass(41 1/4 scale) with an Italian-Style D Neck.
• Classic Ecologically-Cultivated Mahogany Neck and Scroll with fret markers on the side to help beginners and electric bass players who want to switch to upright bass.
• Ebony Macassa Fingerboard with small markers for the high register to compensate from the missing body for positioning.
• Solid Ecologically-Cultivated Mahogany Body Sunburst with a glossy clear finish.
• Ebony Macassa Bridge, adjustable to provide an action range from a very high to electric fretless bass type action.
• Rick Turner Pressure Piezzo Pick-Ups. Rick's pick-up gives a very realistic acoustic finger picking and bowing sound. The pressure piezzo system reproduce perfectly the typical 50 cycle attack of the acoustic basses.
• Russ Allee/Brunel Active Electronics with volume control, bass control cut and boost, treble control cut and boost, and midrange control cut and boost for a very versatile choice of sounds ranging from the very woody to the most growling styles.
• The bass is on a folding stand that can be adjusted to any angle possible for easy playing.
• Standard model is Mahogany glossy finish or any solid color. Lion-head, head/body sculpting optional.
• Includes harshell case, stand and 1 set of La Bella strings.Shipping within the US approximately $125 - $150 or pick up available in the Los Angeles area. You will be contacted upon ordering for details.
For custom color or scroll work, please contact us.